A Gallery of Kansas Ranches
Pioneer Bluffs, the Center of Flint Hills Ranching Heritage, invites you to submit photos for an online exhibit featuring Kansas ranches and ranch workers. The showcase will premiere on the Day of the Cowboy. This year that falls on 24 July.
Please note: our intention for this gallery is to provide a public exhibition where ranch owners may showcase their businesses and honor their crew.
General ranching photography submitted by independent photographers is welcome but, unless the images are provided on behalf of the property / ranch owner, the photos may be featured in a separate gallery featuring the art of the Flint Hills, etc. Photos featuring buildings, homes or people on private property will require consent from the property owners.
Both current day and historical photos are welcome. Please read the image guidelines below.
To send photos or for information please contact Lynn Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 620-753-3484.
You may use this public dropbox to submit your images. Only Pioneer Bluffs staff will have access to images dropped here (until publication on our web site)
Please include a text file with information about the ranch, the photos and your email address so we can contact you.
Photos submitted to Pioneer Bluffs for our Ranching Virtual Gallery should meet these qualifications:
- Photos should be in JPG format
- Images are welcome at full resolution but if resized should be a minimum of 1400 pixels at the longest dimension. If full resolution is received we will resize it to 1920 pixels (longest dimensions) before posting it to the gallery.
- Photos either must have been taken by the submitting party or have usage permissions from the original creator (copyright holder).
- If the ranch location is not owned by the photographer permission must be acquired from the property / ranch owner.
- Pioneer Bluffs needs non-exclusive rights to post all images submitted to its public website at pioneerbluffs.org
- Please include a title, name of the ranch, and names of individuals featured in the photos. Any other stories or background information is very welcome.
- Include the photographer’s name for image credits on the web site.
- Watermarks or signed images are acceptable. If used they must not distract from the main content of the image.
Tip: If emailing photos use the paper clip to attach photos rather than dragging them into the text, which may resize the images too small.