Whether you’re looking for the ideal place for a romantic prairie wedding, an unforgettable family reunion, or a relaxed but professional meeting or conference, Pioneer Bluffs has the perfect mix of peaceful scenery, frontier charm, and modern conveniences to make your event something to remember. Contact us for more information!
After confirming your date is available, you may mail your deposit or make a payment for rental here.
Choose Pioneer Bluffs for one-of-a kind memories of your special event.
Here’s what you get:
- Our newly restored 1915 barn with 2,800 square feet on each level. The first level has a bar/serving area, sink, refrigerator, and freezer. The spacious loft has a cathedral-like ceiling, new hardwood floor, and small stage.
- New tables and chairs to seat 200 on the first floor, additional seating for the loft or outdoors.
- Full use of the 12-acre grounds, including a meadow for parking and the renovated, climate-controlled 1916 granary building (the Rogler Prairie Heritage Center) with accessible restrooms and tables and chairs to seat 36.
- Private changing rooms for the bride (in the 1908 main house) and groom (in the granary loft).
- A contemporary art gallery in the main house, available for your guests to visit at specified times during the weekend.
- Pioneer Bluffs is an historic site open to the public. Just like at a park, visitors may drop in during daylight hours.
Your fees support ongoing programs of prairie education at this National Register Historic District.
Here’s what it costs:
- Rental fee is $2,500 for weekend events from April through September. You’ll have the barn for up to two days for setup and up to two days for takedown.
- A $500 deposit reserves your date. If you cancel, we’ll make every effort to schedule another event on that date. If we are successful, we will refund your $500.
- The remaining $2,000 is due one month before your event. Up to $250 is refundable if the cleaning checklist we provide is completed after the event.
- A security guard hired by you must be present during your event. If you can’t locate one, we could contact individuals on our list to see if one of them would be available.
- For an off-season or weekday rate, call Executive Director Lynn Smith at (620) 753-3484 (office) or (785) 393-1569 (cell), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.